When it comes to choosing an outfit, all women go through a state of dilemma. Also, there are various traditional clothes too and many women choose to wear them on a regular basis. Now traditional outfits differ from region to region and the religion practiced there.
In today’s article I would be talking about the traditional outfits worn by the Muslim women. Traditionally Muslim women do not wear anything that is too tight fitter or body revealing. So, they have a few options to dress from and which may seem to be quite limited for the others. But honestly that is not the case and I am going to show that to you by giving you an example of the abaya. But before we get into the details and you hurry out to shop abayas online, what is an abaya?
The abaya meaning ‘cloak’ commonly also referred to as an aba, is a simple, loose over-garment, essentially a robe-like dress, worn by some women in parts of the Muslim world including in North Africa and the Arabian Peninsula. Traditional abayas are supposed to be black in colour. The abaya covers the whole body except the head, feet, and hands. It can be worn with the niqāb, a face veil covering all but the eyes.
Here are top 5 types of abayas that is quite popular amongst women:
- The Closed Abaya- it is very easy to slip into and one is not worried of the buttons coming off. They are suitable for all occasions.
- The Open Button Abaya- this is preferred by women who are in the breast feeding stage and also can be styled in more than just one way. These are also great for all occasions.
- The Abaya Cardigan- these are more of modern designs and you can team it up with skirts, dresses or pants according to your own choice and preference. It is mostly liked by young girls and it is one of the latest trend in fashion.
- The Kimono- again these are very in trend and one of the modern kinds of abayas. You can flaunt them in any occasion and they too are very breast-feeding friendly. Also, it gives you the flexibility of dressing just the way you like.
- The Draped Abaya- again they are from the modern designs and very popular amongst the younger generation. They are very user friendly and can be worn just like a dress. All you need is a pair of pants or leggings and you are all set to go. No problems of buttons too.
So, these were top 5 types of abayas and I hope you like them. Also, they are available in different colours for those who are not very fond of just black abayas. You can look for white abaya designs along with all other designs available too. This way you can style up your wardrobe and also be traditional at the same time.