Life has become quite hectic today. The more fast life people are leading, that takes a toll on their health. Heart attack and strokes are not incidents of old age. Young people, especially, young men are also suffering from heart diseases. When blood clots in arteries prevent easy blood circulation and your heart doesn’t get enough blood, it put enough effort to pump blood. One can face heart attack at this juncture. High blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, obesity, etc. can be reasons of heart diseases.
Angioplasty is the way to remove that blockage and bring you back to your normal life. There are lots of angioplasty hospitals in India where you can get the best treatment. Basically, angioplasty is a surgical process which is done to open the blood vessels and make the supply of blood smoothly to your heart muscle. The surgery is done on the coronary arteries and doctors often perform this immediately after a heart attack.
Benefits of Angioplasty
If angioplasty is performed immediately after a heart attack, lots of complications can be avoided. How can angioplasty be benefitted to you?
- It can reduce the chances of damaging the heart muscle during a heart It restores blood flow to the heart and thus, save your life.
- Angioplasty can reduce the risks of stroke.
- It can immediately reduce the risk of chest pain, fatigue, and shortness of breath and make you feel better overall.
- It also improves the functions of kidneys.
According to medical science, it has been proved that patients with blockage arteries are benefitted more by angioplasty than an open-heart surgery. The former method is less critical and the patient doesn’t need to stay in the hospital for more days. They can also get back to their normal life faster.
Is There Any Risk Factor?
Each and every surgical process comes with certain risks. Like any kind of invasive procedures, you may suffer from the certain allergic reaction. Apart from this, there are certainly other types of risks that one can face after an angioplasty-
- There can be an infection.
- You may suffer from arrhythmia or irregular heartbeat.
- Blood clots may form into the stent.
- You may also face bleeding, bruising or clotting
- Another heart attack
- Kidney damage, especially to those who have pre-existing kidney problems.
- Damage to a heart valve, blood vessels, and
Though there is a risk of stroke that is quite low.
Take Care of Your Heart after Angioplasty
Remember that angioplasty won’t give you a permanent solution from heart problems. There may be blockage again on your arteries if there is plaque buildup inside the arteries. That’s why stent is placed after angioplasty. Along with that, you must follow a healthy lifestyle and take medicines, prescribed by your doctor.
There is angioplasty specialty hospital in India. But, going through the surgery isn’t the only cure. You should maintain a heart-healthy lifestyle. Have a well-balanced diet, take enough rest, and exercise regularly as suggested by the doctor. You should keep your cholesterol, sugar and pressure level under control. Leading a healthy lifestyle will lower the risk of heart attack.